Fellow community members. Assalaam-alaikum and Ramadhan Mubarak! With your cooperation we plan to keep the masjid open for Jum’a, Fajr and ‘Isha/Taraweeh prayers during Ramadhan, insha’Allah. There will be no Dhuhr, ‘Asr or Maghreb prayers or breaking of the fast at the masjid. And there will be no overnight accommodation of visitors from out of town for any length of time.
Please be aware that the greatest risk may not be that you get infected. The greatest risk is that you may not display symptoms and inadvertently transmit the virus to someone who may be much more vulnerable. Non-compliance even by a single individual puts everyone at risk. If you do not meet or agree or comply with the following conditions please do not attend and you may be turned back or we will need to close the masjid:
1. All must wear mask over the nose and mouth all the time.
2. Bring your own prayer mat, sit in marked out spaces and respect social distancing—a tape marks the place each person sits or stands. Please note—this is not where you rest your head for sujjood.
3. People who are sick, cold, cough, flu, have a compromised immune system or any other pre-disposing conditions, or those who may have been exposed to Covid-19, even without symptoms – please stay away per government directives.
4. No children under 12 years of age.
5. Limit only one male and one female family member from each household in order to allow the maximum number of families to participate. Max 150 people total (this is the maximum we can accommodate safely). First come first serve basis. Doors will be locked immediately after iqamah (call to prayer) or when capacity will be reached—whichever comes first.
6. Masjid will be open for prayers beginning 15 min before prayer time (iqamah) to 5 min after end of prayer. Jum’a service start time is 1:15 PM other times will be announced and posted on the masjid board and the masjid website/FB page.
7. Men and women enter through main entrance only. Your temperature will be taken and your compliance checked.
8. No food or drink will be allowed inside the masjid except for water—please bring your own.
9. No wudhu or bathroom use in the masjid.
10. People must maintain social distancing of 6 feet and leave immediately after fard/taraweeh prayer, no hanging around, shaking hands, hugging etc.
11. The community hall downstairs is available for overflow. Man may occupy the main hall and women the area at the rear—next to the kitchen. When these areas are full, the masjid is at maximum capacity.
12. Attendance is at your own risk and Masjid Al-Nur/Islamic Center of Olympia is not liable for any and all consequences arising therefrom.