| October 6, 2022
11 Rabī al-Awwal 1444
7:05 PM2 Hours 32 Minutes
|Fast Begins||5:54 AM|
|Fast Ends||6:41 PM|
|Fajr||5:54 AM||6:00 AM|
|Zuhr||1:00 PM||1:30 PM|
|Asr||4:05 PM||4:25 PM|
|Maghrib||6:41 PM||7:05 PM|
|Isha||8:04 PM||8:30 PM|
The prayer (Salah or Salat) also known as Namaz, is the second of the five pillars in the Islamic faith as daily obligatory standardized prayers. It is a physical, mental, and spiritual act of worship that is observed five times every day at prescribed times.
While facing towards the Kaaba in Mecca, Muslims pray first standing and later kneeling or sitting on the ground, reciting from the Qur’an and glorifying and praising God as they bow and prostrate themselves in between. Ritual purity is a precondition.
The Prayer is a form of worship that must be performed on time.
QURAN -VERSE OF THE DAY
And when one of them is informed of [the birth of] a female, his face becomes dark, and he suppresses grief.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPCOMING EVENTS
GET TO KNOW A MUSLIM
1ST FRIDAY OPEN HOUSE—EVERY MONTH
All people with a sincere desire to get to know a Muslim, our faith and values are welcome to attend.
Observe the weekly sermon, join or observe the prayer, enjoy ethnic snacks and engage in circle time Q&A with our affable and knowledgeable faith leader.
Bring your family, friends, and colleagues, and experience the diaspora of the most diverse faith community in the Puget South Sound!
TYPICAL MONTHLY 1st FRIDAY OPEN HOUSE PROGRAM (Minus 1 hour for Standard Time in winter):
• 1:00 PM – Meet at the bottom of the steps to the main building for a welcome briefing. If it’s raining please proceed and up the short flight of stairs and wait outside the mosque.
• 1:10 PM – Enter the community center to hear the call to prayer at 1:15 sharp.
• 1:15 PM – Sermon (English and Arabic)
• 1:45 PM – The congregational prayer (observe or join if you like)
• 2:00 PM – Mix and mingle with community members • 2:15 PM – Snacks in the community hall (basement) and Q&A circle time—every 1st Friday of each month
• 3:00 PM – Closing
Address: 4324 20th Way NE, Olympia, WA 98516
PLEASE NOTE (Mosque Etiquette):
a) Whilst we do not impose a dress code on our visitors, cleanliness and modesty is appreciated and respected.
b) Men and women pray in separate sanctuaries but on the first Friday of each month we will recongregate for circle time in the community hall (basement) after the service.
c) We remove footwear on entering the mosque and we do not traditionally have chairs—we sit on the carpet.
d) If you or any in your group have special needs please let us know in advance and we will try and accommodate to the extent possible.
e) If they are familiar with the practice, visitors may join us in prayer. If not, they may still observe the prayer but will need to stay towards the back of the mosque as we pray in rows shoulder to shoulder, feet to feet, without any gaps. A head-covering is advised for women joining in prayer.
DIRECTIONS FROM SEATTLE:
- Take exit 109 for Martin Way toward College St/Sleater-Kinney Rd N
- Take College St NE, Midway Dr NE and Abernethy Rd NE to 20th Ln NE
DIRECTIONS FROM PORTLAND:
- Follow I-5 N to Sleater Kinney Rd SE in Lacey. Take exit 108 from I-5 N
- Continue on Sleater Kinney Rd SE. Take Abernethy Rd NE to 20th Ln NE